3.09.2006

Foreword by Mary Trim Anderson

In all my years of teaching and throughout the years of my retirement, my life has been blessed with the continued friendships with former students and by their kind remarks that I had a positive influence in their lives. It has always been a special pleasure for me to see the written work of one of these past students in print, whether it be verse, fiction or reflection of days gone by.

Such is the case with Frank Andrews.

One can see at a glance the maturing of boy to man. One reads of life experiences – his, or others’ – issues of morality, sage advice, and especially of his observation of and appreciation for the beauty of the world around us.

Frank has succeeded in a number of life’s roles – son, husband, father, businessman. Yet, his poetic nature always seemed to find expression. His request that I write the foreword for this publication I deem a compliment; it is my pleasure to have a small part in his latest achievement. To quote the author,

“Using all the cards you’re given
Is how success in life is made.”

Mary Trim Anderson
Franklin, Tennessee
June 2005

- Excerpted from From Humble Beginnings: Songs of a Native Son by William Franklin Andrews. Copyright 2005 William Frank Andrews, all rights reserved.


6/26/2006 UPDATE - Mary Trim Anderson, 1910-2006. Read the letter "Mary Trim Anderson's death marks end of an era" in the Williamson Herald here.

BACK TO CHRONIC DISCONTENT BOOKS

No comments: